These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with streusel topping are tender, moist, and perfectly spiced. Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert. They are a must make for fall!
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and lightly spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray. If you don’t have liners, grease the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugars, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to stir until the ingredients are smooth.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
Gently fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips. Don’t over mix.
Divide the batter among muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and melted butter. Stir until moistened. Top each muffin with streusel topping. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the streusel.
Bake the muffins for 24-28 minutes or until muffins are set and a toothpick stuck in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool to room temperature and enjoy!
The muffins will keep covered on the counter for up to 3 days. The muffins can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
You Can Read Full Here : https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/