Creamy sausage gravy served over warm biscuits is a popular breakfast dish and the ultimate comfort food. You are going to love this easy recipe!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh sage, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Homemade Biscuits (or store-bought biscuits)
In a large skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Break up any big pieces of sausage with the spoon. Don’t drain the grease off of the sausage.
Reduce the heat to low. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the sausage and stir until the sausage absorbs the flour. Pour in the milk, stirring constantly.
Cook the gravy, stirring frequently, until it thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add maple syrup and sage, if using. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve the gravy over warm biscuits.
If the gravy is too thick, you can add 1/2 cup more milk to get it to your desired consistency.
You Can Read Full Here : https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/biscuits-and-gravy/