Put your summer zucchini to good use and make a giant stack of whole wheat zucchini pancakes! These pancakes freeze well too!
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Maple syrup and butter, for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugars.
In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold in the zucchini.
Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about a 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, about 3 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside.
Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. Serve pancakes with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
You Can Read Full Here : https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/whole-wheat-zucchini-pancakes/