One of the most underrated flavor combinations, in my opinion, apple and cheddar. We just don’t see enough of it! Apple and cheddar belong together, like in this salad and in these incredible fall biscuits.
These Apple Cheddar Biscuits are a variation on our Buttermilk Drop Biscuits, which are a longtime favorite around here, and the flavor combination is a delight. It’s especially delicious in the fall, but I would make and enjoy these year-round!
The biscuits are the perfect side to soup, salad, chili, or any fall meal.
Aside from the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda you’d expect in a biscuit recipe like this one, you’ll be baking with:
- Buttermilk – You’ll want the buttermilk to be cold when you start using it! If you don’t have buttermilk, use regular milk with a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before incorporating it into the dough.
- Cheddar cheese – Use a good, sharp cheddar or white cheddar cheese. I also recommend using a block of cheese and not pre-shredded cheese. Grate the cheese yourself for the best flavor.
- Apple – I prefer Honeycrisp and I don’t peel them because I like the pop of color! If apple skins bug you, you can peel the apple first. Feel free to use your favorite variety of apple. You will need one large apple.
- Unsalted butter – For this recipe, melt ½ cup butter and then cool it slightly before using it for this recipe.
- Herbs – I usually don’t add herbs, but you certainly can. Fresh chives or rosemary would be a delicious addition to these biscuits
Youd Can Read Full Here : https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/apple-cheddar-biscuits/