Steaks seared to perfection and topped with a cream peppercorn sauce! Yum!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound steak (such as rib eye, t-bone, striploin, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1+ tablespoon coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the steaks and sear until lightly browned on both sides and cooked to the desired level of doneness (about 2-4 minutes per side for medium-rare), before setting aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and let it melt and start to foam before adding the shallots and garlic and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the beef broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
- Add the cream and peppercorns, bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes before seasoning with salt to taste.
- Enjoy the steak smothered in the peppercorn sauce!
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/pan-seared-steak-in-creamy-peppercorn-sauce/